Thursday, May 16, 2019

Modern Considerations and Quest Impact

We all can't help but be aware of the current state of affairs in the USA.

I feel it necessary at this time to amend my quest accordingly. This decision is solely mine, and does not reflect the official policies or views of any organization or company with which I am affiliated.

Women's rights are human rights. GLBT+ rights are human rights. Many states, however, are passing laws to the contrary.


I have therefore (hopefully only temporarily) modified my 50 States of the SCA quest to explicitly exclude *any* state which passes such a law.

I cannot do much to affect things in states of which I am not a resident. I cannot vote for their representatives, nor will my opinions even be registered if I call or write.

What I *can* do is vote with my checkbook. I will not contribute financially to these states--tolls, taxes, or otherwise. The easiest way to accomplish that is to simply not travel there.

Therefore, effective immediately, the following states are excluded from my Quest (list to be amended as situations change): Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment